A lot of people call something "blog-worthy" when it merits discussion or it worth viewing by a large group of people. Thus, you find blogs about funny stories or by professionals (athletes, for example) that provide information into the minds of their writers. Cool, that's the whole point of blogs. The one thing that gets skipped over, though, is the idea that some things should not be typed in a blog. This is yet another denotation of "blog-worthy." Pouring one's heart and soul out into the great unknown of the internet is NOT the smartest decision... that nearly everyone makes at some point. Some things are better not published. It may be prehistoric, but pull out a journal and actually write! I promise, the process is very therapeutic.
Many of my thoughts aren't blog-worthy based on the second denotation I proposed. Details of one's thoughts are meant to be shared with people, not shown to them. Shown vs. share. Hmm... maybe that's another entry for me.
This whole discourse on the topic of blog-worthiness may be attributed to my need to say something, but being unable to. I guess I'll just have to pull out my "real" journal later. Ha. For now, I'll just leave you with these thoughts... and maybe, they'll lead to more thoughts. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment