2 Column CSS Layout - concise design
header
right
left

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nostalgia at its finest.

Nostalgia- noun, wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home      or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.   


I have realized that I am prone to nostalgia and have embraced that fact many times over.  However, it is becoming more apparent to me as break continues.

Here's why:
1.  I love classic movies
2.  I'm swooning over dead attractive actors (Jimmy Stewart, Fred MacMurray, Guy Williams, etc)
3.  I found episodes of Disney's "Zorro" on youtube- which I watched reruns of as a child.
4.  I've hung out with friends I've known since preschool and we've had so much fun reminiscing about our sleepovers we had about 5-6 years ago.

I should be disturbed by this.  Really, it's almost as if I'm clinging to my past when life was simpler.  But, I'm not (disturbed by, that is).  Our past is so important because it has so much power over our lives.  I see this every day in my actions.

So, I'll close with this quote from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"- "  Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become."  That is my prayer today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment