2 Column CSS Layout - concise design
header
right
left

Monday, March 15, 2010

'Tis the gift to be simple

I had the pleasure of hanging out with many people I hadn't seen in awhile this weekend.  I got to spend some quality time with one person, especially, and my encounter with her made me think.  A lot.  You see, she got me a Christmas present and well, since I'm in college and she's back at high school, we don't see each other often.  As a result, she hadn't been able to give it to me yet.  Yeah, you're dying to know what is was, right?  Okay, probably not.  Anyway, it was a framed photograph of us from this fall with foam letters on the top of the frame that spelled "Lover" because that is our silly term of endearment for each other.  The thing I learned from this is that the simplest gifts are often the best.  No more heart and soul could have gone into that than any elaborate gift.  Instead, it was just awesomeness.
So here's what I'm thinking...  friendship isn't about all the loud declarations of adoration or taking a bajillion pictures.  No, it's about the quiet moments of silence where words don't need to be said, just spending time together and staying that way no matter how far apart you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment