And 18 days after it begins, I finally get excited. Granted, I only had finals and my jury (ask if you want more info) before the semester was over, but it's hit me. Really hit me. I have never been this excited about the Indy 500 before. The first one I ever watched was in '98 so it's not like I'm exactly new at this. There's something in the air this year that has me and a lot of other fans buzzing. And I like it. To be honest, we have a lot to be excited about: car count is up, we have new blood among the powers that be, and some storylines are forming. It's great!
What really gives me the buzz, though, is reading firsthand accounts from people that are there. I take in every word knowing that someday, I have to go to a 500. Until that day, I'll just have to get my fill of IndyCars at Iowa which I realize cannot in any way, shape, or form compare to IMS. Anyway, I'm ready to see the potential that this year's race has and celebrate its journey and culmination on race day.
No comments:
Post a Comment